Synchronise incompatible & separate directories
Keep your company & partner organisations in touch.
Major organisations with many subsidiaries, mergers, and security-focused entities like defence or finance often run multiple separate Microsoft Exchange environments.
This presents a challenge for seamless email communication, as contacts hosted by different Exchange sites do not appear in everyone’s Outlook’s Global Address List (GAL).
GAL synchronisation bridges this gap, providing users with a seamless way to access contact information, but without compromising security or legal requirements.
- Provides users with (only) the contact information they need
- Ensures groups have exactly the right people in them
- Securely synchronises between completely separate domains
- Trigger updates from multiple sources including HR systems
- Meet security or compliance requirements
Secure Directory Synchronisation
Centralised identity management and directory federation services have undoubtedly revolutionised the way organisations communicate and collaborate with each other. However, there are situations where these services are either not appropriate […]
Enhancing Customer Services
The ability to automatically update Active Directory from data held on its HR systems proved vital for this mining company in terms of improving its customer services. Whenever staff transferred […]
Council Syncs 5 Different Email Directories
South West of England Council merges five different email systems and directories used by the original County Council.
Keep incompatible directory systems in step, streamline mergers & acquisitions, ensure contact & profile details are up-to-date.
EASY DIRECTORY SYNC TOOL
The IT pro’s favourite dirsync tool
UnitySync, our easy directory synchronisation tool, provides a centrally managed service via which you can keep content in different directories, resource and HR databases – even spreadsheets – in step with each other.
Technical teams love it as it doesn’t become the main directory and doesn’t create a central, master directory.
It simply synchronises directory information, so there’s no issues over politics or security, or maintaining yet another directory!
It’s also incredibly easy to configure and can save months of effort achieving the same using Microsoft Identity Management (MIM) tool.
You can also use it in combination with other tools like Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT) and Azure AD Sync Services.
“The difference between this and the alternatives I’ve seen and used is that it makes the task of building a global directory very simple and straightforward…it didn’t disappoint.”
Synchronise many different directories & databases
Virtually all LDAP directories, cloud directories and databases can be synchronised:
- Cloud Based: Microsoft 365, Amazon (AWS), Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), any HRIS platform that supports LDAP
- On Premises: ADAM/AD LDS, Active Directory, CommuniGate Pro, iMail, Lotus Notes/Domino, Microsoft Exchange, OpenLDAP, Oracle Internet Directory, Red Hat Directory Server, Samba, SunONE/iPlanet Directory, ViewDS, Zimbra & other LDAP based products.
- SQL: Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, SQLite, Sybase & other database products that use ODBC drivers.
Text: CSV, LDIF
Essential Global Address List Synchronisation
How directory synchronisation helps
Keep GAL contacts in sync
Easily & Securely Sync Address Book Contacts or Global Address Lists (GAL) Information between different systems and domains:
- Staff in each domain see the correct address details for contacting anyone
- Each party keeps their own directory – there’s no loss of ownership
- Select the relevant attributes to synchronise
Where encrypted messaging is used, you can also synchronise Public Keys.
Govern Access to IT Services from HR Systems
If the HR department is in control of staff joining or leaving the company, you can ensure timely updates are made to your Active Directory (AD).
- Automatically propagate staff details into AD each time an employee is added to your HR or ERP database (e.g. PeopleSoft, Sage Group, Kronos, SAP, Oracle, ABRA, ADP)
- Update other business systems such as a PABX system or company phone book (white pages).
- Automatically amend, disable or delete an AD entity when employee records are updated to ensure optimal security.
Support Co-Existence During Migration
- Supports any combination of Microsoft 365, Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) & any LDAP compliant directory.
- Build a mapping file to enable address-re-writing at your email gateway to ensure a consistent email address to the ‘outside world’.
- Create ‘Mail Enabled User Objects’ in a separate AD Forest that can be activated as an emergency server.
Maintain a common domain name following a takeover, merger or acquisition.
- Our Swap Proxy function lets the ‘outside world’ use a new corporate email address immediately after a corporate change, even though internal systems are still operating using the old email address domain/format.
- Other approaches to handling email address unification are also available.