Email Archive Migration
Council moves from Autonomy EAS to Exchange
In 2012 Warrington Borough Council chose Essential as its migration partner to help update its legacy email archives to native archiving in Microsoft Exchange.
The move resulted in leveraging the Council’s existing investment in Exchange and reduced the costs associated with a third party archiving solution.
Essential has been delivering email archive migrations for many large enterprises and has completed over 500 migrations to date.
Migrating to Exchange Archiving
The Essential Exchange Archive Migration Service is designed to protect an organisation’s existing email archives as they switch to using Exchange archiving or Microsoft 365. Delivered as an end-to-end or an assisted service (working alongside your own IT team), migration capabilities include:
- Fully audited, 1-step transfers, direct from your legacy archive into Exchange on premises or Microsoft 365, ensuring optimum reliability & security
- Legacy stub management, including shortcut deletion and ability to not migrate emails where users have deleted the corresponding shortcuts
- Selective migration based on multiple criteria to optimise your new archive, reflect company restructuring, help meet retention needs, etc.
- A range of flexible options for handling the migration of leavers’
mailboxes, journal archives, PST files, etc.
- Support for a wide range of 3rd-party Exchange and Notes archives, including bi-directional conversions.